Examples of Thriller sub-genres:
- Mystery/Psychological Thriller - 'Donnie Darko'
- Action Thriller - 'Die Hard'
- Psychological Thriller - 'No. 23'
- Supernatural Thriller - 'Paranormal Activity'
- Political Thriller - 'Vantage Point' and 'Enemy of the State'
- Suspense Thriller - 'Phone Booth'
- Erotic Thriller - 'Fatal Attraction' and 'Basic Instinct'
- Fantasy Thriller - 'Twilight'
- Horror Thriller - 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' and 'Saw'
- Techno Thriller - 'The Matrix'
- Crime Thriller - 'Sin City'
- Religious Thriller - 'The Da Vinci Code'
- Spy Thriller - 'Mission Impossible'
The Mystery Thriller 'Donnie Darko' inspires me at the moment, because of its strange nature and the impact the story makes on the viewer is fascinating. It can also be expressed as Psychological as it explores matters of thought and imagination. It interprets being a thriller in a different manner by making the viewers question the way they think, so that it is a thrilling experience throughout the movie. There is also a mystery which in itself is thrilling and is peculiar to solve which makes viewers more attached to find out more.