1) In 2009, 503 films were released in 2009, only 31 of them were suspense/thriller films.
2) Action, animation and comedy account for 52% of Box Office in the UK in 2009. These genres are popular because these are films that you can watch with the whole family, so the target audience is reached out and therefore more viewers would tend to watch them.
3) Thrillers account for a low proportion of UK Box Office, with their takings being 4% in 2009. This is because it does not have such a range of viewers like the genres above. The certificates tend to be for people of an older age as the content is not suitable for younger people. It is suggested that more quanity of males would watch thrillers rather than females, and parents would be unwilling to take their children to see it due to moral reasons.
4) According to the Diagram, thriller audiences tend to have more males than females. This is because the male section tends to have more action and crime, and females tend to watch calmer movies such as romance and period dramas.
5) Due to the age on the certificates on the thriller, older people are more likely to watch thrillers as younger people would not be allowed and parents would not allow them to watch them until they are older. In terms of