This student Thriller film which I stumbled across on YouTube called "Asleep". Sharing the same sub-genre of a suspense thriller, this short film has been able to attract a wide audience via YouTube, where it was originally posted. Since its release it has a had 11, 355 hits but for the creator of this films to receive such hits, the Internet has helped his movie launch to a wide audience. Some reasons why:
- YouTube is one of the worlds largest video sharing and wesites, and such videos can receive such views in such a short time. They can e featured alongside other films, and that is where online users can see the film.
- People can leave comments below, which can be used for improvements next time or just to compliment the short film.
- They have links with iTunes, as they have used the sound "Don't Blow it" by Solaris. If a viewer likes this song, they would be particulary enjoy the thriller.
In comparison, our fim differs from this student thriller film
- An independent, budget student movie, set in london.
- The company "Kade pictures" is not an established, recognised company.
- It will be relased through social networking sites such as blogger and vimeo and possibly YouTube.
- We have already had a private screening at the cinema "Screem on the Green" and later there will DVD's issued for each student.