This thriller film made by A-level students got 19,368 views!!!
How has the internet been used to launch this movie to a wider audience?
- It has been uploaded onto Youtube, which is used all over the word. However, it might only be seen by UK residents. But Youtube has such a wide audience, the video would be found when used the search tool, if someone was looking to watch a thriller film/opening.
- Youtube allows these videos to have embed codes, or accessing social network sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Myspace or blogs, and uploading the videos on them to share with friends. Therefore it could be spread via the same process.
How have we followed a similar model?
- Our opening, is a low budget student video which will be released over the internet via blog, or vimeo/youtube. It has an independent, low budget production company (candi studios & kade pictures). Most students would be in the same situation.
- It has had a cinematic screening and will have shared screenings amongst friends/family.
- It will get a DVD release, in which 200 copies will be made.
- The internet could be used to extend our audience views and possibly sell our movie. This means it could be available to anyone in the world!